Thursday, July 24, 2008

the JOY of owning a home...

1st I need to give you some background. Chunk and I purchased our home close to 4 years ago. When we did our purchase we knew that the "family room" section of the house had some minimal roof damage which the previous owner "fixed". I quote FIXED b/c its has ALWAYS given us problems.

2nd...Chunk sleeps with ear plugs. Why do you ask? Because he cannot sleep if there is any noise. I am the opposite...could sleep through a hurricane.

Last night around 3:00 AM...(yes I said 3 in the freakin' monrning!!!) I woke up to sounds on rain drops falling on the roof. How weird for drops of rain to wake me up. So I call to Chunk and ask him if its raining hard. He's sound asleep and just mumbles something. I try to go back to sleep but those drops were really loud!!! I start wondering if something else is going on...so I get up (put on my glasses cause I'm blind as a bat) and proceed to the living room. Look out through the front door and yes it seemed like it rained but not hard enough to make such loud noises. At this point the "rain drops" are VERY loud. I rush over to our family room and guess what I find....

Along with a flooded floor. So I rush to our linen closet and pull out every possible think that can help us (ME) clean up. I holler for Chunk...I guess I must of screamed loud enough for him to rush over (**he has the ear plugs in). He sees me on the floor drying everything as fast as possible, moving furniture, trying to figure out if our wood floor has any major damage...Chunk is rushing for pots and pots and pots. Finally we cleaned up the mess and here is the result.
So today he will have to go to Home Depot and buy one of those lovely plastic covers (having mental block and forgot the name of it) place it over the roof. The joy of owning a home...

1 comment:

Jessica said...

You poor thing. I hope the tarp helped the problem for the time being. That truly sucks.