Thursday, July 24, 2008

cooking...

So I found a new blog...Good Things Catered (I wish I could create a hyperlink but I can't so view it under BLOGS. She has lovely recipes and I've tried several. They are pretty easy. So I finally I decided to take pics of what I had created. Let me just say that I'm an OK cook. Friends and family seem to think. Me not soo much. So here's the recipe I tried.

Herb-Crusted Salmon
Ingredients:
6 oz. salmon steak, about 1 1/2 in thick
1 Tbsp olive oil
3 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/8 tsp tarragon, finely minced
1/8 tsp rosemary, finely minced
1/8 tsp parsley, finely chopped
pinch ground mustard seed
pinch ground red pepper
1/2 small garlic clove, minced
salt and ground peppercorns

Directions:
-Heat heavy saute pan over medium high heat and set broiler to low.
-Add olive oil to pan and swirl to coat.
-Add salmon steak, skin-down to hot pan and cook until browned, about 3 minutes.
-Season top of steak with herbs, garlic, and salt and ground pepper.
-Flip steak in pan and cook until browned, about 3 minutes.
-Remove skin from bottom of steak and discard.
-Add lemon juice to pan and swirl to coat.
-Put pan under broiler and cook until heated through and fork tender.
-Flip salmon steak in pan and swirl to pick up bowned bits in pan halfway through.
-Remove pan from oven, flip and swirl on bottom of pan to pick up juices and transfer to plate.

The side dish was just a fresh green salad with strawberries, blue cheese, carmalized walnuts and for dressing plain balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Nice warm biscuits..Accompanied with a nice chilled glass of Sanata Margarita wine. And voila...no need for restaurants! (yeah right!)

Chunk had invited his friend over. And the 3 of us enjoyed a lovely FEAST!!!! Boy was it good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fabulous meal!!